Welcome to travelplugged!
travelplugged is not a blog or a business but a free travel and expatriate directory that’s been managed by a growing team of volunteers since 2016. It’s a place for sharing photos, opinions, facts and experiences about being a traveller or expatriate with people from all over the world.
As a community-driven project, travelplugged collects information only to improve our community’s access to it and its usefulness for us. We are not business men but language teachers, locals and backpackers, and the anonymous information gathered here should be shared and updated freely.
About > find out how to get involved
Blogs > follow our blogs or add one of your own (new)
Directory > explore 1,150 entries in 87 locations across 16 countries
Forums > chat with the community in over 1,150 forums
Guides > read advice about living abroad for expats and travellers (new)
Itineraries > map your journeys and share your experiences (new)
Q&A > ask our travelpluggers exactly how they do it (new)
- Voting is now possible on the green opinion bars in the directory. Please click on the slider, choose your vote from low > high, and then click the blue ‘vote’ button to leave your opinions.
- Travellers, locals and expats can now contribute. Consider updating the directory either by commenting in the forums at the bottom of each entry or by completing a Contribution Form.
- You can now follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter.
- We have experienced travellers and expatriates ready to answer your questions in our Q&A.
- Profiles and personal forums are now available if you’ve contributed content to the community and are happy to share your expertise in the Q&A.
Please use this forum to tell us about any new or out-of-date information or to ask or answer any questions specific to this page.